Statement of Faith
Statement Of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is the word of God, divinely inspired as originally given, and is the supreme authority in matters of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is only one eternal God existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Man is created in His image (Genesis 1:1, 26-27; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe Jesus Christ is God manifested in the flesh, born of a virgin, the one and only Son of God. He lived a sinless life, suffered and died on our behalf, arose bodily from the grave, ascended, and is coming again in power and glory (John 10:33; Luke 1:34-35; Hebrews 4:15; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Mark 16:19; Acts 1:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith in Jesus alone, we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
8. We believe that marriage is between one man and one woman; that any form of sexual immorality is sinful; that God offers redemption and restoration for those seeking His forgiveness (Plymouth Congregational Church has a full Statement on Marriage and Sexuality available upon request.)
Statement Of Purpose
We believe that God has given parents the direct responsibility to train and educate their children according to God’s Word. We, the school, along with the church, serve as a partner with them in carrying out this responsibility. Our mission is to reach children for the Lord and give them a Christ-centered education which will give them the opportunity to acquire the spiritual, academic, social and physical skills necessary to reach their God-given potential and encourage them to make positive contributions to their world according to God’s plan for their lives.